Learning and Development Resources for Students and Engineers (and STEM* Parents too!)
Welcome, and thanks for checking out the ECL Learning Store. My goal for The Learning Store is simple. To create or find, and then offer, outstanding information and training that will help you become remarkable in all you do, but especially in your role as an engineering/STEM student, or as an early-career STEM professional.
Watch video below for more details about The Learning Store….. SCROLL DOWN to see FREE GUIDES and other resources.
The STRAIGHT TALK™ GUIDE Series ……FREE downloadable PDFs
Every GUIDE is a downloadable PDF with embedded videos so you can read…or…watch
Latest GUIDE is the INTERNSHIP GUIDE! …Available NOW
Features 57 pages and 20 embedded videos. Click HERE for details and to get a FREE personal copy.
Features 30 pages and 14 embedded videos. Click HERE for details and to get a FREE personal copy.
This GUIDE teaches the #1 career development skill for students and engineers of all ages.
Features 64 pages and 24 embedded videos. Click HERE for details and to get a FREE personal copy.
A PARENT’S GUIDE TO HELPING STEM* STUDENTS BUILD OUTSTANDING SOFT SKILLS: 8 Powerful Strategies for Teaching the Soft Skills Necessary for Remarkable Success in College, in a Career…and in Life! *STEM = the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
Features 53 pages and 23 embedded videos. Click HERE for details and to get a FREE personal copy.
SPECIAL 10-Module Email Course that delivers all the content via videos from the GUIDE above titled: A PARENT’S GUIDE TO HELPING STEM* STUDENTS BUILD OUTSTANDING SOFT SKILLS: 8 Powerful Strategies for Teaching the Soft Skills Necessary for Remarkable Success in College, in a Career…and in Life! *STEM = the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering and Math
10 Modules, 12 daily emails, 24 videos. Click HERE for details and to sign up for this FREE course.
Valuable FREE ebook. (Added 01/27/2015)
The ebook, The Visible Expert, was coauthored by the marketing expert who wrote the article that inspired this earlier post. This research-based book lays out a detailed roadmap for how you can become known as a “visible expert” in your industry. It’s excellent, and is available as a FREE instant download HERE. This book’s ideas can be used to drive your career or your business…or both!
Outstanding FREE online article:
The Brand Called You by Tom Peters (Another personal favorite of mine. In this 1997 Fast Company article about personal branding, Peters nailed the subject cold, long before the idea became mainstream). Learn more about the topic of personal branding and get a peek into this article in this earlier blog post.
Outstanding FREE ebook/guide titled Transform Your Habits. (Added 10/30/2014)
This guide was written by, and is available from, James Clear. He’s currently one of my favorite writers on the topic of personal development. I blogged and posted a video here about why I like James’ writing and this guide so much.
Outstanding FREE online article:
My Life as a Knowledge Worker by Peter Drucker (My all-time favorite 1997 INC magazine article about lifelong learning, written by the management guru who mastered it)
Check out these blog posts that contain embedded tutorial videos. Each can help you boost your productivity in a unique way:
- Be A 24/7 Super Sleuth Using Google Alerts – Using Google Alerts as an automatic Internet research tool
- Information Junkie?…Stay Up To Date By Using Feedly – Using Feedly as your RSS feed reader (aggregator of the blogs and sites you follow)
- Using Filters For Email Efficiency And Stress Reduction – Using email filters (rules) to improve your handling of incoming email (tutorial is for Gmail)
- Boost Your Productivity By Blocking The Internet With The FREEDOM App -Using the FREEDOM App to disable Internet access for the amount of time you choose
Click HERE to go to my LinkedIn Article Archive page.
It’s a compilation of links to all of my LinkedIn articles, beginning with the first one written in February, 2015
I thoroughly enjoy reading non-fiction books, but also consider it an important investment in improving my ability to help others, and myself.
- My Most Recent Favorite:
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You: Why Skills Trump Passion in the Quest For Work You Love, by Cal Newport (author of the popular blog titled Study Hacks: Decoding Patterns of Success)
Here’s a sampling of some of my other favorites:
- Leadership & the Art of Conversation by Kim Krisco
- Dialogue by William Isaacs
- The Lost Art of Listening by Michael Nichols
- Language in Thought and Action by S.I. Hayakawa
- Ten Powerful Things to Say to Your Kids by Paul Axtell
- A must read for parents, grandparents, teachers….anyone who influences kids!
- Meetings Matter: 8 Powerful Strategies for Remarkable Conversations by Paul Axtell
- Personal Effectiveness
- Linchpin: Are You Indispensable? by Seth Godin
- Coaching: Evoking Excellence in Others by James Flaherty
- Mastery by George Leonard
- The Power of Full Engagement by Tony Schwartz & Jim Loehr
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Personal Productivity
- Getting Things Done by David Allen
- Deep Work: Rules for Focused Success in a Distracted World by Cal Newport
- Zen To Done: The Ultimate Simple Productivity System by Leo Babauta
- Bit Literacy by Mark Hurst
- It’s Hard to Make a Difference When You Can’t Find Your Keys by Marilyn Paul
- Presentation (Design & Delivery)